We recently headed to the picturesque coastline of Maine for our Knit Stars Summit shoot with Hannah Fettig of Knitbot.
Hannah’s family of 4 recently sized down from an 1,800 sq ft house to 750 sq ft, with the intention of leading a more purposeful, simplified life. And that meant that Hannah’s stash had to size down too – way down! In her words, “it’s taken sacrifice, but we are seeing many benefits in our everyday life.”
In her Summit workshop, Hannah will share what inspires her – simplicity, usefulness, her surroundings – and help you create finished pieces that you can work into your everyday wardrobe. She'll demonstrate all of her very favorite hands-on tips, including:
- Assessing your closet
- Construction methods and how they affect style and fit
- Getting the size just right
- Choosing the perfect yarn
- Building, organizing and breaking down your stash
- Properly swatching for gauge
- Blocking and measuring your swatch
- Increases and decreases
- Picking up stitches and avoiding holes
- Weaving and finishing
We can’t wait to share Hannah’s online workshop, along with 8 more Knit Stars, in the Summit coming up this October! If you're not already on our email list, click the button below to be notified when enrollment is open!