Connect with thousands of students, without setting foot in an airport...
What if you could reach students all over world, from the U.S. and Canada, to Ireland, Finland, New Zealand, and beyond?
What if you could teach and inspire them with your knowledge and skills, straight from your personal studio to their computer or tablet?
And what if you could do all this from the comfort of your home?
That's exactly what Stephen West, Hannah Fettig, Romi Hill, Julie Weisenberger, and the rest of our Knit Stars team did last October.
“I’m really proud of my class. I don’t get out to to teach, so for those who’d like to take a class with me, this gave them the chance! With all the instructors involved plus the extras, it really was an amazing value!” - Hannah Fettig
“Thank you so much for including me in Knit Stars. To say I had an amazing experience is the understatement of the year!” - Amy Small
What is Knit Stars?
Knit Stars 2.0 (the sequel to the first Knit Stars) is a two-week online summit that gives knitting-obsessed fans around the world the opportunity to learn from and be inspired by you!
It's all done through video lessons. You provide the knowledge, and we'll provide everything else -- the coordination, promotion, production, and technical know-how.
You never have to leave home. We come to you, and you can earn significant passive income during the live event and beyond. Finally, a teaching opportunity that appropriately rewards you for all your knowledge, time, and effort!
Tell me more!
There will be 8-10 professional instructors (like you!) who will pre-record an hour-long video on one or more knitting topics.
These videos will be released daily over the course of the summit on a private summit website, allowing students to learn a tremendous amount from a knitting “Dream Team” without the expense and hassle of travel.
The "live" event will take place in late September/early October 2017. Students will get access to a private Facebook group, and also have a chance to ask questions of you during our live Q&A webinar. The live webinar will be recorded, and the entire Knit Stars summit will be made available for purchase on an ongoing basis after October 2017.
Who's behind this?
We're Shelley and Ashley, co-producers of Knit Stars! Shelley is the owner of Loops yarn store in Tulsa, Oklahoma, as well as LoopsLove.com and LoopsClub. She's been knitting for over 35 years.
We met at an in-person conference when Ashley approached Shelley about the possibility of a virtual knitting event after successfully launching the Modern Calligraphy Summit in 2015. The rest, as they say, is history!
What do I need to do?
- Work with Shelley to prepare a lesson plan and coordinating handout – based on expertise you already have! (We have lots of great topic ideas from last year’s Knit Stars survey.)
- Provide a headshot and 2-3 photos of your work for Summit materials
- Attend a 20-30 minute chat over Skype with Shelley and Ashley in April/May, to be recorded and made into promotional material (flexible date based on your schedule)
- Attend a 20-30 minute chat over Skype with Shelley and our videographer in April/May to prep for your filming shoot (again, date is flexible)
- Be available for one day of filming at your location during May - July (our friendly, professional videographer comes to you!)
- Promote the event to your network (social media, email list, etc.) - the more you promote, the more income you can make
- Be available for one or two live Q&A webinars in October (dates TBD)
- Participate in the private Facebook group as available