We are looking for a
Knit Stars is on a mission to Knit the World Together. We are a global brand with virtual masterclasses, a monthly yarn club, a busy e-commerce store and a flagship yarn store located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
We’re interviewing now for an immediate (flexible) start-date. This is a full-time remote employee position, with some nights and weekends, generous vacation time, flexibility with daily schedules, competitive salary and benefits, including enrollment in Profit Sharing.
Our team is committed to justice, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist behavior and practices. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
Position Overview. This role will act as our ‘brand guardian’ to maintain brand integrity across all marketing initiatives and communications, as well as manage our lively editorial calendar and content production.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in the running and completion of multiple projects at the same time, with a high level of team collaboration. This individual should be highly organized with exceptional communication and problem-solving skills with the ability to lead a team of people.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Work with Marketing Director, Tech Stack Manager and other stakeholders to build plans for and provide end-to-end project-management for all product launches, non-launch marketing initiatives, and major tech projects.
- Work with Brand Manager and Brand Ambassador to build project plans for major in-store projects and promotions.
- Manage the planning process & build project plans for major projects company-wide.
- Develop detailed project plans, execute the plans, and monitor progress.
- Manage vendors who contribute to launches.
- Deliver projects on time, ensuring quality standards are met.
- Highlight potential risks and act proactively to resolve issues.
- Seek opportunities for improvement, and proactively implement them.
- Projects are completed on-time, on-spec, on-budget.
- Appropriate runway is created and maintained for project work to be paced and reasonable.
- Project deliverables are appropriately scoped so that stakeholders and implementers are clear on the work to be done, and re-work and errors are minimized.
- 2+ years experience managing digital product launches (launch-management), preferably on a remote team
- Detail-oriented and organized self-starter with track record of juggling and prioritizing multiple projects with minimal guidance
- Ability to balance multiple cross-functional stakeholders with varying needs of complexity
- Flexibility to deal with changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Communication and team management skills
- Project management certifications (PMP, Scrum Master) are a plus
- Bonus: A love of yarn, knitting/crocheting, and creativity
About the Company:
Knit Stars began 16 years ago as a yarn store and has grown into a mission-driven brand at the forefront of the modern maker movement, with constituents in 50+ countries worldwide. Through our shared passion, we have an opportunity to break down barriers and make beautiful progress – as artists, and as global citizens. We’d love for you to join us in our mission to Knit the World Together.
We offer a flexible work environment with high values of health, wellbeing and personal growth. We welcome new team members who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and excited to be part of an inspired and dedicated team.
About the Company:
We have a team mindset. We know we are better together and work with all team members toward our common goals.
We are uplifting – we speak well of ourselves, our team members and our customers, resolving issues without gossip and always being kind.
We are resourceful – we take initiative and seek out solutions before raising issues.
We are entrepreneurial and growing fast, so we surface mistakes and problems early so that the team has the best chance to make a new plan and achieve positive results.
We value creativity and inclusivity – we embrace new ideas and perspectives as we work toward our mission to Knit the World Together.
We are committed to diversity of all kinds — race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, gender identity, age, geodiversity — and the inclusion of people with disabilities. We believe Black Lives Matter. We believe we are better and stronger together.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply here.