We are looking for a
RETAIL SALES MANAGER (Tulsa Based)
Knit Stars is on a mission to Knit the World Together. We are a global brand with virtual masterclasses, a monthly yarn club, a busy e-commerce store and a flagship yarn store located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
We are looking for an exceptionally thoughtful, curious, and customer focused retail sales manager. This role will champion sales activities in our flagship store, including hitting revenue goals, inventory forecasting and management, optimized fulfillment, and planning. You’ll set the standard for how our store is remembered by our customers by creating an amazing experience for everyone who walks through our retail doors.
We’re interviewing now for a flexible start-date. This is a full-time salaried position, working in-person at our flagship Tulsa store. We close by 6pm most nights and are closed Sundays; we offer flexibility with daily schedules, and competitive benefits, including vacation time, enrollment in Profit Sharing and Cash Balance Plans. Salary range is $52,000-57,000 with monthly and quarterly bonuses for exceeding sales forecasts.
Our team is committed to justice, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist behavior and practices. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
Retail Store Manager
Position Overview. This role will champion sales activities in-store, handling inventory and merchandising, and motivating the sales team.
The Retail Sales Manager will be a key leader within our organization, reporting directly to the Chief Operations Officer. This position requires contagious enthusiasm and the know-how to translate it into sales. The ultimate goal? Build a community of dedicated customers who know we’re the destination shop they can trust for awesome service.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
Flagship Store Sales Management
- Collaboratively lead all store sales activities including customer engagement and sales monitoring.
- Work with Marketing team and Relationship Manager to set team goals for sales and cross-sells, track progress and train, encourage, and motivate sales associates to meet and exceed them.
- Responsible for leading top-line sales growth and hitting sales KPIs.
- Maintain all aspects of store merchandising, including product placement, price auditing, product restocking, and loss prevention.
- Manage inventory, including monthly audits and reporting and proactive restocks.
- Work with Relationship Manager and Brand Ambassador to source inventory, ensuring there is abundant runway and systematization.
Product & Promotions / In-Store Events
- Work with Brand Ambassador to plan and implement seasonal and monthly promotions, and monitor promotional ROI.
- Work with Brand Ambassador to plan and execute in-store events throughout the year, including KnitStar Guest Appearances, knitting classes, and other events.
- Organize employee training to improve the customer experience and to hit sales goals, including observing customer interactions and providing feedback and arranging for secret shoppers.
- 2+ years of retail sales-floor experience required; supervisory experience very strongly preferred
- Experience in a digitally-native business with a retail presence strongly preferred
- Familiarity with Shopify and e-commerce (this is an in-store sales position, but we do have an e-comm store that is closely connected to the sales floor experience)
- Demonstrated curiosity in problem solving and resolution, developing and evolving processes and new ways to improve
- Customer-centric mindset and the ability to understand KnitStars target consumer
- Strong project management, attention to detail, and a no-task-too-small mentality
- Must be able to comfortably lift 25 lbs
- Knitting or crocheting background – a big plus!
About the Company:
Knit Stars began 16 years ago as a yarn store and has grown into a mission-driven brand at the forefront of the modern maker movement, with constituents in 50+ countries worldwide. Through our shared passion, we have an opportunity to break down barriers and make beautiful progress – as artists, and as global citizens. We’d love for you to join us in our mission to Knit the World Together.
We offer a flexible work environment with high values of health, wellbeing and personal growth. We welcome new team members who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and excited to be part of an inspired and dedicated team.
About the Company:
We have a team mindset. We know we are better together and work with all team members toward our common goals.
We are uplifting – we speak well of ourselves, our team members and our customers, resolving issues without gossip and always being kind.
We are resourceful – we take initiative and seek out solutions before raising issues.
We are entrepreneurial and growing fast, so we surface mistakes and problems early so that the team has the best chance to make a new plan and achieve positive results.
We value creativity and inclusivity – we embrace new ideas and perspectives as we work toward our mission to Knit the World Together.
We are committed to diversity of all kinds — race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, gender identity, age, geodiversity — and the inclusion of people with disabilities. We believe Black Lives Matter. We believe we are better and stronger together.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply here.