We are looking for a
Knit Stars is on a mission to Knit the World Together. We are a global brand with virtual masterclasses, a monthly yarn club, a busy e-commerce store and a flagship yarn store located in Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA.
Our team is committed to justice, equity, inclusion, and anti-racist behavior and practices. We encourage Black, Indigenous, Latinx, Asian, and those who hold other marginalized identities to apply.
Job Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensure all shipments receive the proper labeling and postal charges and are packaged to arrive safely
- Accurately package, label and weigh items to be shipped and ensure proper shipment method and shipping charges
- Keep management aware of product shortages in order to maintain accurate information on the company website
- Organize stock and merchandise within the backroom by properly boxing and storing goods in their designated location
- Practice customer service when interacting with other companies and clients and see to it all external parties receive a positive interaction with the company
- Verify all incoming shipments to be accurate by comparing the invoice to order and ensuring all goods are in acceptable condition
- Work with other floor staff to see that orders are filled promptly, and goods are shipped and stored properly
- Prepare regular recommendations for restocking shipping supplies to management
- Work with customer service representatives to problem solve issues with orders
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds, as many packages are large
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining attention to detail
- Experience with software such as Shopify, Stamps.com or other Ecomm software is a plus but not required, we can teach the systems needed
- Interpersonal skills are essential, as working as a team is vital to maintaining an organized shop
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize daily tasks according to their importance
- Personal accountability and integrity are paramount, as a shipping clerk is tasked with an accurate accounting of all inventory under the supervision of the Retail Manager
- Relevant customer service experience is a plus as shipping clerks interact with customers to replace lost or damaged goods
About the Company:
Knit Stars began 16 years ago as a yarn store and has grown into a mission-driven brand at the forefront of the modern maker movement, with constituents in 50+ countries worldwide. Through our shared passion, we have an opportunity to break down barriers and make beautiful progress – as artists, and as global citizens. We’d love for you to join us in our mission to Knit the World Together.
We offer a flexible work environment with high values of health, wellbeing and personal growth. We welcome new team members who are passionate about making a difference in people’s lives and excited to be part of an inspired and dedicated team.
About the Company:
We have a team mindset. We know we are better together and work with all team members toward our common goals.
We are uplifting – we speak well of ourselves, our team members and our customers, resolving issues without gossip and always being kind.
We are resourceful – we take initiative and seek out solutions before raising issues.
We are entrepreneurial and growing fast, so we surface mistakes and problems early so that the team has the best chance to make a new plan and achieve positive results.
We value creativity and inclusivity – we embrace new ideas and perspectives as we work toward our mission to Knit the World Together.
We are committed to diversity of all kinds — race, ethnicity, religion, sexual identity, gender identity, age, geodiversity — and the inclusion of people with disabilities. We believe Black Lives Matter. We believe we are better and stronger together.
How to Apply:
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company with inspiring values and a real focus on the benefit of others. We care deeply about the work that we do and each other. If you feel aligned with this mission, please apply here.