A Holiday Special Edition!!
In the midst of a very non-traditional Thanksgiving season, we’d like to continue a beloved Loops tradition…
The kinder, more relaxed Black Friday 💞
It’s this simple: With any purchase of $50 or more from LoopsLove.com or the Loops store, we’ll include this super-comfy Knit the World Together™ mask free – now through Tuesday, or while they last. (The store will be open normal hours and of course, we’ll be masked up!)
Need some fun ideas to hit that $50 mark? How about…
💡 A large Binkwaffle bag – our all-time favorite (and locally made!) project bags…
💡 A Winderfull kit – your yarn will never fall on the ground and get dirty again!
💡 New Lykke wooden umbrella yarn swifts in rosewood or mango (pre-order)
💡 New Mindful Needle Sets
💡 And you can never go wrong with a $50 gift card for yourself or a gift-worthy friend!
In honor of Giving Tuesday, we have a feel-good feature on Gusto – a sportweight superwash Merino. Available in a perfect color pairing for the season, it’s also 20% off!
From now until Christmas, Loops will donate 50% of Gusto sales to the Community Food Bank of Eastern Oklahoma. The George Kaiser Family Foundation is matching every donation, so your gift will double and help families in our community get the food they need this season.
We’ve fallen for two *freebie* project ideas on Ravelry that you can make with just one skein each of Gusto…
“Always Be Brave” by Helen Kennedy is a relaxing slip stitch project that will look bold and festive in Gusto’s contrasting hues – you’ll need one skein each of Gusto in Red River and Gray Day.
And Wanpen Huang’s “Triangle Brioche Cowl” is a taste of a challenge that will be the talk of the Zoom! With detailed instructions – written and charted – you’ll be blocking out these stitches in no time. One skein of each color will do the trick!
We have a slice of comfort food, erm, YARN to serve up this week!
Rowan Felted Tweed could make a Fall rainbow – when you look at these skeins, you can just hear the leaves crunching and feel that cool air that makes you reach for your latest knit…
Loops Trooper Margaret knitted up this “Tincture” hat by Andrea Mowry, in one ball of Aluminum and one ball of Treacle with Size 5 & 7 needles.
Find Andrea’s “Tincture” on Ravelry and don’t be intimidated! This mosaic knit has a simple geometric herringbone that uses just one color at a time. If you haven’t tried it, watch out- here comes your new favorite technique!
And you know we’ve got some color pairing ideas for you! 🤗
Night Sky + Avocado = Denim with a Pop!
Boulder + Alabaster = Nature’s Neutrals
Dark Rose + Clay = Autumn Petals
Watery + Winter Blue = Totally Teal
Cumin + Night Sky = Preppy Gold
We are thankful for this simple Peppermint Bark recipe from The Spruce Eats blog! After the whirlwind that might have blown through your kitchen this week, spend half an hour making this little treat to munch while visions of stitches dance through your head.
12 ounces dark chocolate (chopped, or chocolate chips)
12 ounces white chocolate (chopped, or white chocolate chips)
8 peppermint candy canes
1. Unwrap the candy canes and pulse them in a food processor. Or let out some tension and crush them in a ziploc with a rolling pin. 😁
2. Cover a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Pour the chocolate onto the prepared cookie sheet and use an offset spatula or knife to spread it to an even thickness, a little more than 1/8-inch thick. The chocolate does not have to reach all sides of the sheet, as it will be broken up later anyhow.
3. Place the tray in the refrigerator to firm up while you melt the white chocolate. When it is melted, stir in most of the candy cane bits, reserving about a quarter of the mixture to put on top.
4. Remove the tray from the refrigerator and spread the white chocolate in an even layer over the dark chocolate.
5. While the white chocolate is still wet, sprinkle the remaining candy cane pieces over the entire surface evenly. Press down very slightly to ensure they stick.
6. Place the tray back in the refrigerator to firm up for 30 minutes, then break apart by hand and ENJOY! 🍫
Pre-order Shelley’s upcoming book and get a bunch of cool Bonuses! Details here.
Join Our Newsletter!